I’ve been using Brightpearl ERP since the mid-2014 at my online store Alisa.ua. It’s a great SAAS ERP for e-commerce that literally changed everything about how we do things and significantly improved our processes.
However, there’re still a lot of stuff in Brightpearl we’d like to improve or completely automate. For example, we wanted to integrate it with our local package carrier Nova Poshta. Also, we had a depressing experience with BP’s native sms gateway Clickatell. BP team have told me that they don’t have plans to add other gateways. So I started looking for solutions… And I found one.
Here’s what we’ve implemented with Corezoid so far (updated 05/19/16):
- New order check and customer notification for a Shopify store; Including copying order notes from Shopify cart, which aren’t being transferred to BP since some time ago.
- Created basic Brightpearl and Novaposhta carrier integration.
- Product List + Inventory summary + Price list export to a CSV file for our 40k+ SKU product database.
- Custom automatic product download from Shopify.
- Custom order packing and shipping interface with barcode scanner support.
- Real-time shipping date calculation for our Shopify store (based on warehouse availability).
- Inventory sync patch for warehouses that don’t have BP’s native product allocation enabled (long story which deserves a post of its own).
- Replaced Clickatell for shipped order sms notification with Unisender;
- Order due date check. Notify our staff if an order in progress doesn’t have a due date.
- Order status update as a text message to a customer.
- Conditions based automatic order status change. ‘Waiting for a customer’ → ‘Call the customer’.
- Automatic client notification if the order is waiting for payment more than two business days.
- Created other various order status based automations.
BTW, we choose Unisender as a text message service, but you quickly can connect Twilio to Brightpearl.
Brightpearl automation services
We now offer Brightpearl automation services for ecommerce business owners. If you’re interested in one of the patches I described here or some custom development, please drop me a line at email@example.com. You’ll be amazed how these automation flows can streamline your operations and how cost-effective they are.